Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Old 08-12-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
jdancingkid

Do you like a high quality Burley-blend? That's what this one is, with, according to the tin, "a touch of Virginia and Cavendish tobaccos." My brother does not like the taste of burley, while I kind of enjoy it on occasion. It certainly has its own rather unique flavor profile. Incidentally, last night this burned much too hot for me. Didn't dare try the bowl-to-cheek test. I must take more care next time and remember to pack this as tight as possible.

Bertrand Russell
jdancingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
decasere
Club Member

Thanks James for the review, what kind of pipe were you smoking it in, i know Virginias sometimes smoke hot so i like a corncob or clay sometimes as the cut down on the moisture level. I dont know that i have had a predominately Burley blend, will have to try.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:34 PM   #3
jdancingkid

Used a biar pipe for this one, Woody. Using a corncob or clay pipe might be just the ticket. I will try that next time and thanks for mentioning them.

Edited by - jdancingkid on 08/13/2002 7:48:58 PM

Bertrand Russell
jdancingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 12:12 PM   #4
decasere
Club Member

Tried the navy flake and wasnt real overwhelmed, a nice beginiing sweetness on the draw but then a soapy-nut taste, interesting, i grabbed a sample of Mac Baren's golden extra from a pipe tobac pass and will try it and tell you how that was.

Is McBarens the major manu of Burley tobaccos??

"...fly you fools!"