Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 05-07-2002, 10:07 AM   #1
Choo Choo

Are any types of cigar cutters permitted on international flights? If not, do you just pick up a cheapie at each destination and discard?
Choo Choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
MetsFan
Herf God

I think you'd be safe with any kind of cutter so long as it's packed in checked luggage and not carried on.

Official Cigar Weekly Coffee Whackjob
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:20 AM   #3
Choo Choo

Thats the problem, I typically don't check my luggage. Its only carry on. I was thinking that maybe a punch cutter would be ok, but mine looks like a bullet which would certainly draw attention.
Choo Choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:22 AM   #4
MetsFan
Herf God

If that's the case, I'd say it's enough of a crap shoot that I wouldn't take anything. Get a cheapie at your destination or borrow one from someone while you're there.

Official Cigar Weekly Coffee Whackjob
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Get a punch that DOESN'T look like a bullet. They're usually a couple of bucks at most tobacconists, and they look quite innocuous. Or, you could spring for a new lighter with a built in punch cutter.

A guillotine cutter, even built into a lighter is out since you might hijack a plane by threatening to cut the pilot's epaulettes, dontcha know. Can't cut much more than that, but those things LOOK menacing.

Who tagged BigO's wiener?

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:38 AM   #6
neophyte
Club Member

I have been religiously packing my Xikar when I travel. For one reason or another I threw it in my carry on bag and was not confiscated. This was only domestic so I would not say it would work internatinally. However, the Xikar stays closed so it doesn't look like a weapon of mass destruction

What goes into one's mind without benefit of reason cannot be removed by benefit of reason
Old 05-07-2002, 12:21 PM   #7
Kafeend

If your me it does not matter. I am fully searched everytime I fly, without fail. Even checked baggage is searched. Dunno what it is. I don't mind except people that see you on other flights start lookin at you funny!!!

££ Ķâƒєєήď ££
Kafeend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:33 PM   #8
PowerPuffGirl

Could be all that caffine! You might be sending out shaky vibes - mmmmmakkkkessss ppeoooplee nnneervoooousss!

Love that cup o' joe!!!

Puffy <><

Edited by - PowerPuffGirl on 05/07/2002 1:34:23 PM
Old 05-07-2002, 12:49 PM   #9
henry
Banned

I only bite my gars

so if they want to take that cutter away..........somebody's losin a liver

what's the last thing you hear from a red neck
before he dies

HEY Y'ALL watch this
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:07 PM   #10
Vegas1
Club Member

The few times I've flown since 9/11 I always packed it in checked luggage. You hear so many stories about them being taken in carry-on's I figured better safe than sorry.

Vegas1
"She Must Shag Like A Mink" - Austin Powers