Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #18
Krakatoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
I have a friend that just got a new oasis with the digital hygrometer (JR deal, right?), and his is reading about 5% higher than his other digital as well.

We haven't figured out which one is the more accurate one yet. The important thing is that the cigars smoke well no matter what any gage says.
The word on the street is that the CO hygrometer's are not accurate (sometimes off by 10 points). However, once you know how much it's off by, you can adjust the setting accordingly.

From what I've been told the entire first shipment from the Chinese manufacturer (about 3000 units) of the new model Cigar Oasis XL and XL Plus had defective internal hygrometers that were inaccurate by as much as 8-10%. I've also been told that the problem was addressed and the subsequent from China shipment had corrected hygrometers.

To my knowledge, the orignal lot of defective ones were never recalled and are STILL being widely offered by retailers which is a shame in my opinion because I feel they should be considered as defective products. I believe it's an even bigger shame that some of these retailers also know full well these units have defective internal hygrometers and continue to sell them without making mention of this.

I believe if you have one of the first release Oasis XL or XL Plus units and you call Cigar Oasis directly they will exchange the unit for one of the newer corrected units, at least they did for me.
Krakatoa is offline   Reply With Quote