Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
carnellm

I hate to say it... Anejo 55

I do hate to say it, but I wasn't impressed.

I smoked one of the Anejos I bought in December. It was a beautiful looking 55, but beauty was as far as it went. I had this in my humidor for a few weeks at proper humidity, but when I cut the end with my Xikar, the stick began to unravel. I was able to hold it together, but not sure if it was really worth it. I didn't get a lot of flavor out of the sitck.

Despite the wrapper problem it burned well, but didn't produce much smoke. I was also expecting more flavor than I got. Hard to pin down what the flavors were, because I just didn't get much. I smoke most of the stick hoping it would get better, and because it was a $10 stick. But unfortunately it was consistant the entire way through.

Just to make sure it wasn't me or my humidor that was off, I lit up a nice Montecristo #2 right after the Anejo. It cut perfectly and burned without a flaw. Also got lots of rich, luxurious smoke. The flavor was wonderful. It made mem remember why these are one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, smokes.

So, unfortunately, I know have a bunch of various sized Anejos that I fear I will be disappointed in. Hopefully age will improve them...