Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
tmvbill

Ramon Allones SS

Box Code: SEU NOV04

Got a box of these a while back and smoked 1 within 2 days after getting them in. I was NOT impressed with the initial smoke. Burned awkwardly and hot, tasted funky, kinda grassy(yard grassy not wacky weed) and had a scent of ammonia on them. So I tucked the remainder of them away for a while and let them sleep...

3 months later....

These have turned into some of the best smokes I have at this point. I smoked one 2 days ago and it was a bit of heaven on earth.

Looks: Looks like the wrapper has firmed up a bit since the last one I smoked. It also looked a different shade of brown. More chocolatey.

Light up: Took to flame like a moth to light. Nice aroma on light up. Toasty with a hint of the habano "twang".

Burn: Burned evenly thoughout the entire smoke. No re-touch needed. Nice even ash. Did not burn hot even down to the nub..

Taste: Started medium. Had a woody taste with a hint of "twang". Got more spicy about halfway down. I even had a hint of citrus in there as well which is a first for me..About 3/4 into it, it powered up into a full bodied smoke and the "twang" took over. Still had alot of spicyness in there, but the habano was showing its true colors at this point. I burned my fingers on this guy as I did not want to toss it but toss it I did as I nubbed it out.
Great smoke and a world of difference from the first one I had out of this box. Guess they just need some "humi" time!

Grade: A+

Tis a great Saturday after lunch smoke to have as you are watching the kiddies run around the yard from the deck.