Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
smelly4tay

Berger and Argenti Entubar Quad Maduro torpedo

Thank you very much Coach!

This is a first impression review
Shape: Torpedo
Size: 6 7/8 x 54
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Type: Nicaraguan Habano Seed Maduro
Color: Maduro
Binder / Filler: Nicaraguan / Dominincan Republic

Initial inspection:
One of the more interesting cigars I have ever seen. A "caution" band on the foot warning the smoker to light the foot entirely, and a ligero piece jutting out of the foot. Removing the cigar from it's cello, I smell sugary cereal, raisins, and a hint of manure. Overall construction, the uniform torpedo cap, and one tiny vein tells me this was rolled by someone extremely good at their job. Slight box press.

My Thoughts:
Took a bit longer to light the foot of this cigar, but was no problem once I saw that ligero piece catch fire and produce ash. Wow! Full punch to the tongue and throat of sweet nicotine, chocolate, and green olives. If this cigar were wine, this is a rich, toothy Cab packed with tannins. The aroma reminds me of the La Aurora preferidos maduro, very unique and almost floral. This cigar is burning evenly with a light grey ash holding solid. This is one of the best cigars I have smoked in years. Flavors changed so much in the first 1/3, then melted into a buttery dark chocolate profile that actually lasted the rest of the cigar. So many cigars I find the leather/coffee/cedar/chocolate notes, but this cigar was a different animal...a greatest hits almost of a lot of the things I like in other maduros. Mmmmm that aroma made me hungry. Dynamic then consistent with flawless construction. I could see this cigar being perfect for aging if you like the full flavored maduro. PAM construction, Partagas Black type power.

Overall
Very impressive cigar that was mild/medium spice, FULL flavored, and very unique in that first 1/2. Head to toe I stunk of this cigar for hours after after smoking it, which kept reminding me how good it was.
smelly4tay is offline   Reply With Quote