Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #21
LabRatGDI
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandg View Post
yeb, I can't do busch, either. I used to drink strohs bock in the bottel, but hell, you couldn't get it here. I'm not sure if we have a distributer for it now, but we used to be able to get the regular lines of strohs. I'm going to check on that.

I really liked the heileman's export in the green bottle when I was younger, it beat any of the cans available.
Try the new/old Schlitz. It's actually not bad at all. They went back to the 1960's recipe.
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. -- Benjamin Franklin
LabRatGDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
stonewallcadet
Club Member

havn't tried the bud lime but it sells like crazy at the class six on base and allot of people have said its good problem is they compare it to corona so I have not broken down and given it a shot. I know the miller version that came out first crashed nobody seemed to like it. Personally if I want a hot summer day beer I am going for a wheat ale.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:53 AM   #23
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

there was augsberger at one time (sold to miller) that was good beer at a fair price, IN and IL get Berghoff which is good stuff, Leinenkugel is available in more places too. I would rather drink less and better.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #24
LabRatGDI
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewallcadet View Post
havn't tried the bud lime but it sells like crazy at the class six on base and allot of people have said its good problem is they compare it to corona so I have not broken down and given it a shot. I know the miller version that came out first crashed nobody seemed to like it. Personally if I want a hot summer day beer I am going for a wheat ale.
It's nowhere near the taste of Corona. Corona by itself is horrible, but add that lime and it's a really refresing drink, I think. BLL doesn't come close to the taste, IMO.

But then again, I put as big of a wedge of lime into my Corona bottle as I can. Love that taste.

For real beer, nothing beats a nice, hoppy IPA like Great Lake's Burning River.
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. -- Benjamin Franklin
LabRatGDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #25
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothecary Puff View Post
brian, brew your own...

"Squirrel Nut Brown"

"Squirrely Stout"

"Joplin Joy"

OK, I've done the marketing for you, now go get rich off my ideas.
I'm thinking Joplin Joy Juice, a wheat beer brewed from day old bread and Fleischman's yeast would really break the doors down amongst certain of the citizenry. I'm thinking that an 80 cent 40 or a$13 30 pack would make it a definite favorite. I'd make the rounds in my pickup like the good humor man, selling cold beer out of the back, taking my business to my customers, since a large number of them are unreasonably prohibited from excerising their rights to drive. Instead of turkey in the straw playing over and over on the speaker, I will have a playlist going that will alternate.

Howw about, "Wasn't that a party?" by the irish rovers, willy nelson, "I drink alone," by george thorogood, and a montage of sport theme music. Any other suggestions?
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

a recording of the whoosh sound of a beer can opening

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #27
Smogre
Club Member

Sounds like a bad day in hell to me.