Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 10-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

2001 Camacho Diploma Series Corojo Limited Diploma

A 5x50 robusto with a fine, smooth texture, smooth cap, firm bunch, Colorado Maduro wrapper cigar with nearly invisible seams and only one very thin vein and a perfect pre-light draw.

Setting was again in my favorite spot on the swing bench in the mostly enclosed, all glass, smoke shack with a beautiful view of the newly snow capped mountains.

Temperature is 56 degrees with 44% humidity and completely cloud covered sky with a 90% chance of rain.

Beverage is a Spindrift lemon sparkling water that others recommended since I don’t drink soda or alcohol and don’t like plain water.

Even burn, conical coal, typical, grey ash, and no problems.
Perfect draw and a fragrant aroma, with no burn in the throat.
Ample richness, perfect balance, medium strength generous body and flavor, which was woody and herbal.
No sweetness or bitterness, a light burn on the tongue, and no sharpness or saltiness.

Overall, an agreeable character, generous bodied, great smoke with a great aroma and great tastes of woody and herbal flavor, with only a hint of the musty taste I get from most smokes over 10 years old.
I give it a 92 out of 100.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited by smbauerllc; 10-23-2021 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Forgot pic
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:27 PM   #2
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

https://forums.cigarweekly.com/showt...46#post2828646
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 03:25 PM   #3
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

Just tried one myself.

This cigar is epic. Pre light tingle on the lips, easy draw, and leather and cedar flavor before the match. First burst of flavor is full of spice and mellow tobacco blended expertly and carefully melted together in a delightful potpourri of richness I haven’t sampled in years. Each puff is redolent of cedar and reminiscent of the sun drenched leaves of premium Corojo tobacco. Holly magnificence, Batman, this is opulence.

The angels are using a ruler to guide the burn. Razor sharp and tight. The first light gray variegated ash dropped at an inch and remained fully intact. Bravo, Christian!

2nd half increased a bit in power and depth but never over powered the subtle flavors. Rolling the cigar between my fingers and thumb confirms the excellent construction. Perfectly uniform and springy with no knots or soft spots. The draw is spot on. Purging the cigar ejects a billow of light blue smoke and the flavor comes right back to orchestral elegance. This is what an aged cigar should be.
Old 07-31-2023, 02:31 PM   #4
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

I loved these when they came out, even went to his place in Honduras. The cigars were amazing and I bought several boxes. Many, many years later and probably now 6 or more years in the past I found them buried in a coolidor and tried one. It had mellowed out to pretty much no flavor. This thread however has gotten me interested in giving them another go!

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:06 PM   #5
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

I nubbed this b!tch. The last inch kicked me square in the sack. I collapsed in my chair and sweated out the nic while we watched Happy Gilmore.
Old 07-31-2023, 05:19 PM   #6
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkTwin View Post
I nubbed this b!tch. The last inch kicked me square in the sack. I collapsed in my chair and sweated out the nic while we watched Happy Gilmore.
DAYum!! That is long lasting strength!!

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote