Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2003, 11:19 PM   #1
HBooker
Club Member

CW Herf Friday evening..

For those who didn't get to make the trip here is my personal take on the events

Terry and I arrived in Reno after having our prestigious fine Car die on us at the Summit on Hwy 20 ( I got it to continue running by packing the ECV computer with snow) It made it up over the Donner summit and died again but that time I simply coasted about 6 miles down hill.
(Its not like I didn't expect that from a 1986 Ford..)
We checked in the hotel and explored a bit. We went to meet the wed gigar group for a dinner. They have a great little room they meet in it's nicely decorated and ut has a great exaust fan system. WE get there and there are a few people allready there. Doyle, Dave, Cedarman (Jim) and Rick and Vikder a few others. When we got there we basically had a normal Herf Here have one of these... you ready for another use my traveldor here..and as the people came in it was really neat to see and meet folks whom you interact with online, well there was Rod, (nice ash) but you gotta be kind to the slower ones you know and somehow he must have bribed someone becasue he has the nicest wife. A true beauty and gracious lady. ( once you know Rod you may understand more) Hehe!
Rod Is a truly special man. (no not the type of special that rode the little bus to school either)

Cedarman - Jim ( we met him at the hotel and he gave us directions) and I start finding out how much in common we have kinda rather neat to know we each appreciate similar activitees and passions, music and such. He shares that the Chef asked him yesterday what would you like to have on Friday night - anything special?
In this the Chef was truly asking if we wanted anything special.. cougarman once was a Chef, so he knew exactly what the question meant - Me I woulda said HUH?

So Jim says yeah lets get Carabou. and Pheasant.
They did.
Personally I was flabergasted and surprised I have read of such things but never experianced such decadance...

A little while later after taking time for a buble bath (so Dave informed us)
This Dan B guy shows up carrying a sports bag (about the size of my wrestling gear bag) Everyone introduces themselves and the meeting thing goes on. I introduced my self oh ok.. About a half hour later I ask Dan some questions about things from over a year ago, he learns my nic at that time and it was like we had known each other for a long time. ( online we had really) I just love the first time face to face thing..
Dan - It was a good evening friday. I am glad I was there.

So finally we where where beyond hungry when dinner started. 20 of us where seated. The restraunt was a rather nice one inside, not too fancy. but Nice. The bartender was a memory expert he met each of us and knew our names from that point on...
Ambiance was great witha litttle jaz Sax combo thing..
Dinner .. all those specials , Man IM trying the Caraboo (we whiped out 10 orders and all they had..
Just to remind everyone who ate the caraboo There is a bounty for the first person who can write a review of that caraboo! It was simply undescribable... nothing was like that ever.. Served on a bed of a rasbury type sauce..It was "the Bomb"
Well I can say I enjoyed the food and the company greatly. I am certain I have forged some long term friendships with everyone there.
As a Restraunt I would rate my experiance on 5 Star basis.. (actually 10 stars becasue of how cigar friendly they where.) If you visit reno ever thisis a must stop... Placidos in Reno Behind Lu Lus... (about 4 miles south of town on Virgnia St. (sorta)

Anyway after a great dinner with some even greater people we made it back to the hotel, as I layed down on the bed the world was right.
It was about 12:45 and I was Suficently (porked out on great food) and smoked down several cuban rarieties I slept untill 7:30 am

Hbooker...

Mike

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote