Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

In Favre's defense....

I was also critical of him that didn't just run for the 8-10 yards, instead of throwing the int.
Then after thinking about it, and reading much this past week, I don't think I could have done any better.
I speculate, that maybe the reason he came back, was he didn't want his last play to a failure, throwing an int, ending his team's bid for a SB. Ironically, it happened again.
I don't know Favre, just speculating, but I don't think he was trying to be a hotdog, or superstar. I just think he was desperate to get in FG range, to make something happen.
A mistake to throw, absolutely.
But what would any of us had done, in the heat of the moment, having been
beat up that game, knowing how close we were to having a shot at a winning FG. Knowing a stupid, stupid penalty had backed us up 5 yards?

After the game, Favre was captured on camera, going over to congratulate Brees and other Saints players. Whatever you think of him, you got to give him credit for showing some class.
More than the Patriots coach does.
Just my