Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
monteman
Club Member

Spurs... (oh - those Spurs...)

After a week away from the board (Thanksgiving in DC followed by three days in bed with a lower back spasm), just wanted to check in!! My Spurs came from behind to win a big UEFA cup match yesterday. Trailing by 2 at the half, Ramos made two key moves - replacing Lee and Jenas with Huddlestone and Bent. Three goals later, he looked like a genius. They looked crisp and played with tremendous pace. I have to admit, the two players I am most impressed with are Steed Malbranque (what a great name - Steed - his mother was a big fan of the TV show the Avengers - hence his first name Steed - and that is the absolute truth) and Gareth Bale - the young Welshmen. I think he is destined for stardom - he is only 18 and plays with a maturity far beyond his years. He has tremendous speed, a great foot and is as good a one-on-one defender as I have seen. When he makes runs up the wing, he almost always finishes with a strong cross and yet seems to be back at midfield in a flash...
monteman is offline   Reply With Quote