Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Siglo robusto.

Okay, I recall posting about these when i first bought them, and finally got around to trying another one. I was less than impressed by the first one, the smoke was harsh, and flavor rather one dimensional.

At this point, I believe that the stock I have is about 2-3 years old. The smoke was a 50+, which doesn't surprise me at all, being a frank Llaneza smoke. It had a nice light looking colorado wrapper. All things considered, this was a beautiful cigar. I am still kind of surprised that it wasn't a heavy and fully packed club of a cigar, it had a pretty light draw and it felt light in my hand.

I lit up, and although it was a bit uneven, it burned well and smoked well. It had good nicaraguan character coming through, and just a strong core of plain tobacco flavors. Nothing fancy. No cookies, no raisins or pencil shavings.

Offhand, I'd sort of compare it to macanudo, romeo, or the monte original, and it held up well with the competition. It's absolutely a great deal at the $3 price point. I'd buy a box of them before I'd buy macanudo, if for no other reason than the variety of tobaccos used.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote