Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Joe Cigar CW SPONSOR Week of Jan.11,2015

Happy New Week, my friends. United States College Football History will be made tomorrow night.

Starting this week from Joe Cigar:
Rocky Patel Signature Toro
10 CIGARS (65% savings!)
MSRP: $100.00 $34.99

Strength:
MILD-MEDIUM
Shapes:
Toro-6.0"x 52
Wrapper:
Ecuador Connecticut
Origin:
Nicaragua

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
CJ3
Club Member

I popped. Ran the tab up to $100 and got the free lighter!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:19 AM   #3
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

I wonder how much different these are, compared to the RP Connecticut cigar? I'm sure the blend would be different.

Since my humidors and fridgedor are full, I'm waiting to purchase until I smoke a few down so I have room for some more!

Oh wait, I just remembered I have a spare cooler in the garage! I guess I could start filling it up again.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

MONDAY: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto

MONDAY!!!!
Good luck NOT ordering this one!

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic
10 CIGARS (45% savings!)
MSRP: $73.00 $39.99

a Pepin robusto for $4.00 a stick!
Strength:
FULL
Shapes:
Robusto-5.0"x50
Wrapper:
Corojo
Origin:
Nicaragua

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 01-12-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Tuesday Jambalaya

It's Tuesday and it's JAMBALAYA

First off at midnight CST:
Man O' War Immortal robusto
10 CIGARS (50% savings!)
MSRP: $80.00 $39.99

Old 01-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #6
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Love me some jambalaya!
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

RIGHT THIS SECOND:

L'Atelier Surrogates Tramp Stamp
5 CIGARS (21% savings!)
MSRP: $35.00 $27.50

Now this is still $5.00+ per cigar. Are these that good? This is a 5.2" x 48 cigar.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:48 AM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Let's all make like a camel, and walk around the office. Hump Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I'm including the ad copy, today, as I've NEVER heard of this, but if what the ad copy says is true, then this one may have something going for it. And no, I don't mean all the adjectives, but there's some good tobacco mentioned. Supposedly, this guy was a blender at Villazon. Rob G. give these a shot!!

Quote:
Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project
10 CIGARS (57% savings!)
MSRP: $70.00 $29.99

Ramon Bueso. No doubt, you've heard the name. If not, know that Ramon Bueso is the man behind countless iconic blends. For nearly four decades, he has been involved in the premium cigar industry. The driving force behind the legendary Villazon factory, Ramon was responsible for the creation and production from names like Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, Excalibur, and so much more. Working side by side with Estelo Padron and Frank Llaneza, Ramon has created more cigars that you've enjoyed then you'll ever know. Now you know Ramon Bueso....it's time to get to know his cigar.

Genesis The Project. A beautiful handmade that has generated a ton of buzz in cigar shops, blogs, forums....even here on Joe's banter. This lush, medium to full-bodied handmade combines an exceedinly dark and oily, hand-selected Connecticut Broadleaf aged to perfection and triple-fermented to achieve an impressive look and texture. Beneath this leaf, a supremely complex core of exquisite long-fillers, including Nicaragua Condega Viso, Nicaraguan Esteli Viso, La Entrada Nicaraguan Viso, and Talanga Valley Honduran ligeros. A rich and creamy array of flavor begins with a feisty opening, warming the palate for savory notes of espresso, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, and sweet and toasty spices on the finish. A truckload of flavor, delivered in a balanced and satisfying fashion.

Strength:
MEDIUM-FULL
Shapes:
Robusto--5.0" x 50
Wrapper:
Connecticut Broadleaf
Origin:
Honduras

Old 01-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #9
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

Tommy those are the cigars I brought down to the herf two years ago. Tasty buggers!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #10
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

They're pretty good, based on a half dozen or so. Well built, medium bodied, good taste and aroma, and well worth the $3 tag, IMO.

Not so much like a villazon. Well worth trying, though, even for a villazon fan. they are still a fine broadleaf.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote