Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

TTT trinidad ems robusto

I'd heard all the full this and that, and frankly, this was not the brute I was led to think it would be. It was 3+ years old, and really, a beautiful smoke. it seemed awfully spongy, but really, it was solid, heavy, and perfectly bunched. It drew firmly, and eventually, burned pretty straight with only a bit of touch up, no canoeing or tunneling. Granted, that wrapper flaked terribly on the ash, and it crackled and flaked as the line advanced. an odd note is that the cigar, every time I dropped the ash, had a perfectly flat face, without the usual cone, or tunnel/hollow spot. wrapper and filler burned at an even pace.

It was, very full flavored. I was expecting burn and harsh, but got none of that stuff at all. At first light, it was bitter, but a few minutes into it, it just settled into a slightly burnt vegetation taste with a hint of nutmeg like twang to it. it was only about 3/8 of an inch, and the aroma bloomed into a sweet, occasionally fruity and potent mix of sensations, and slightly afterwards, it burst out with powerful black pepper taste.

All things considered, that was very different from most anything I can recall lately. Powerful flavors, and it absolutely flooded me with delicious, sweet, tobacco aroma. The black pepper was a lovely treat, and it counterpointed the fruity sweetness nicely. it retained that slight bitterness all the way through, but not in a bad way, it was just another component in a well balanced thing.

90 flavor, 90 appearance, and 88 for construction, only because it flaked all over me
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote