Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 03-21-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
cigarmouth

Anyone else go through a period where the dont enjoy smoking

Everyone I know has attacked me for making a choice to smoke cigars and pipes, my wife does not like the smell of cigars and wont kiss me after I smoke one, even if I brush my teeth. Although she likes the smell of the pipe, she still wont "let" me smoke inside.

So, with everyone making me feel stupid for smoking, and not being able to smoke anywhere but outside in the wind I'm almost at the point where I could really care less about it.

It's been several days since I've smoked and dont know when I'll smoke again.

I'm totally shocked by how poorly people are educated on the differences between cigarettes, cigars, and pipes. Seems everyone thinks that my love of cigars and pipes somehow makes me an evil cigarette smoking, lung cancer loving, tobacco supporting, spawn of the devil who wants everyone to die.

Although I do not deny the risks to my health, since I do not inhale and from what I have read, I feel little risk is associated with my choice to smoke.

Who knows. At least with all that is going on in the world today the problem I'm having is of little concern.

Anyhow, any of you ever go through a period where smoking provides you little satisfaction?

Smoke from old oily rags = Not good
cigarmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #2
Faust

Personally, I have not ever reached that point but I also don't smoke every day (I would like too, but circumstances preclude it). I also hope that I never do as it is one thing that I enjoy immensely and would not like to consider the prospect of not have a cigar to smoke. But that is just me, other users mileage may vary.

P.S. cigarfiz1, if you ever decide to quit completely, I will gladly dispose of your cigars in an appropriate manner! 8)
Old 03-21-2003, 12:00 PM   #3
cigarmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust
P.S. cigarfiz1, if you ever decide to quit completely, I will gladly dispose of your cigars in an appropriate manner! 8)
Yes, I imagine if I give this hobby up (God forbid) I will have no problem "ridding" myself of my small collection.

Old 03-21-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
mannish
Herf God

I think you should go home tonight plop on the couch, light up a cigar and say 'Honey would please fix me a drink'.

That is the first step to finding a solution.
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:36 PM   #5
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Sure I've been there. There have been days, or several, when cigars just haven't been enjoyable. Could be for a variety of reasons...stress, the weather, not feeling well, etc.
Suggestion: find a group of locals who have herfs and mark those on your calendar as "must-do's". Not only will you have a great time, but you will meet some great folks.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:48 PM   #6
cigarmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannish
I think you should go home tonight plop on the couch, light up a cigar and say 'Honey would please fix me a drink'.

That is the first step to finding a solution.
LOL! I like the idea, but unless you have a spare bedroom I could crash in for a few weeks I'd better not.

I admire your spirit though!

Old 03-21-2003, 12:49 PM   #7
cigarmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby
Sure I've been there. There have been days, or several, when cigars just haven't been enjoyable. Could be for a variety of reasons...stress, the weather, not feeling well, etc.
Suggestion: find a group of locals who have herfs and mark those on your calendar as "must-do's". Not only will you have a great time, but you will meet some great folks.
This is a good idea, and actually my brother-in-law and a few of his friends have enjoyed cigars in the past, however, my sister has made it known that she would will not stand for me getting her husband "hooked" on cigars.

So, we kind of have to "sneak" it.

Old 03-21-2003, 01:04 PM   #8
CHESS NUT
Club Member

When I smoked cigarettes, I enjoyed them for the first year I smoked, then I got hookd and I hated them as they made me feel like crap. Cigars on the othe rhand I've always enjoyed, but now when I have a cold or I'm sick, then I hold off till I'm well
Old 03-21-2003, 01:07 PM   #9
calistogey
Club Member

Location: 1st in smog, gridlock, road rage & spectator slowing.
I had an Exclusivo early this am and I don't think I'd be able to enjoy anything else.
Atleast, until tomorrow morning.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:30 PM   #10
JHuber

Only when I'm sleeping.

"CHANGE THE RULES"
JHuber is offline   Reply With Quote