Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Quickie reviews of various cigars

I have not reviewed any cigars here or anywhere since my catastrophic motorcycle crash and that was in 2013. However as some of you know I have been battling burning tongue syndrome for years. That severely limited my smoking because everything tastes hot and ashy and nobody likes that. When I was younger I would get episodes that could last up to a year but it always got better eventually. But this last one went on for years. It is why I stopped coming here. I was very discouraged. But it finally went away about six months ago and I have been smoking one cigar a day and loving them. Now for the quickie reviews.

Corona Cigar Company FSG Experimentals corona - An all Florida grown puro and Miami is my home town. I love these. They are not cheap but worth it to me. Excellent. 92

Corona Cigar Company All American robusto - another puro of various USA grown tobaccos including Pennsylvania Amish. Their tobacco fields are right near my house in PA. I drive by them all the time. I feel the same way about these as I do the Experimentals. Expensive but worth it. 92

George Rico American Puro toro grande - Are you sensing a trend here? I bought two of these when I was visiting Miami several years ago. They came from a small shop because they had just started making them, way before they went on all of the big online retailers. I smoked the first one not too long after I bought it and found it mediocre at best. Today I decided to smoke the one I still had and man what a difference. Not a single touch of harshness right from the start but packed with flavors right to the nub. I was sad when it was over because I wanted more! And they cost a lot less than the excellent CCC cigars mentioned above. 92 again.

Drew Natural (Larutan) Dirt corona - this is not an infused cigar but does have a sweetened tip. It is made with tobaccos grown all over the world. I have been smoking these for years and I love them. I suppose they are a love them or hate them cigars but you know what camp I am in. 92 again? Yep 92.

Arturo Fuente Opus X Lost City from when they first started making them, whenever that was. Over ten years, I know that much. I have been aging Fuentes for years and was really excited to smoke it but what a letdown. I didn't even finish it. Sometimes it goes that way. 86

Ashton Wizard from 2005. I got four of these in two 2005 Holt's Christmas special boxes. There was a limit of one but somehow I was able to buy two. They came packaged with Forbidden X glass tubos of which I still have one. Anyway this Ashton was wonderful. I really enjoyed it. So smooth and packed with flavors. 93

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Personal Reserve - I was lucky to get a few from my local a couple of years back although I did not know anything about them when I did. The box was almost gone so I bought all that was left. And I am thankful that I did. Seriously one of the best cigars I have ever smoked. Wonderful Wonderful! 94

Padron 1926 Maduro robusto - This review was sort of unfair. I cannot tolerate very strong cigars anymore and years of age had no effect on this one. I smoked most of it but never again and I will be selling off whatever I have left. So the unfair score is 88. You would probably rate it higher.

Tatuaje Black Label lancero - I really like lanceros. They seem to concentrate the flavors and also you taste the wrapper more. This one came from the lancero sampler they did several years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 89

El Triunfador original brown label lancero - Came from the same lancero sampler. It too was very good. I am almost through that sampler and I will miss it. I have two left. 90

Well it is my dinner time. It's been fun. I will be updating this thread as I have plenty more to review plus the new ones as I smoke them, if you like this sort of thing. So if you see it at the top you will know that I updated it. Thanks for reading.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Welcome back!

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:02 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Those are nicely done.
The American blends intrigue me.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote