Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Nekotaku

A great cigar weekend.

The past weekend has been a good one for me.
Friday, before heading home, I picked up a Fino from Flor de Selva. I've been trying the other two Maya Selva brands (Villa Zamorano and Cumpay) and really liked them, so I was anxious to try it. Decided to keep it for saturday evening, after a small family dinner. That saturday before arriving at the dinner we drove around a city where my dad was going to check something, and went into a café for some refreshment. I immediately noticed a small humidor on the counter, but instead of the usual J. Cortez or other lesser cigars it had the very reasonable Balmoral Royal Selection. So I decided to pick one up, initially surprising the bartender who didn't expect a boy of my short stature to have such an interest, but then leading to a cigar conversation. I must say, that Balmoral made me think of looking into Dominicans again.
That evening, I lit up the Flor de Selva. Just like Cumpay, these cigars feel incredibly firm and tightly packed, yet draw well. Really amazing. It was a terrific smoke, so now the Honduran trinity is complete. I sure am getting really excited about their tobacco.
Upon coming back into my student room yesterday evening, I started thinking of that one Romeo no. 3 I had left, and thought "why not". I had kept this one out of a pack of 3 because it had an unusually dark wrapper. Man oh man, what a surprise this one. I've had a fair deal of these guys, as they once were my "standard" cigar, but nothing like this. Rich chocolaty taste, very little of the cedar that usually dominates them. Perfect burn and that nice firm draw without obstructing smoke I like.
Yep, a good cigar weekend indeed. It served well in wiping out a period of getting one bad smoke after another that damaged my trust.
So, how was your weekend? Smoky?
And on another note, do you remember getting a cigar from a particular model that somehow made all the others of the same line you've had seem inferior?