Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Black Plague
Herf Meister

Padilla Miami blend history question

Ok, I'm current nursing a box of Dec. 2006 Padilla Miami Lanceros. They are fan-m*thaf*kkin-TASTIC cigars! I say nursing because I'm so afraid to smoke them due to the blend changes and some confusion I have.

People said the blend changed slightly after Pepin stopped making them and the band design changed. But I've ALSO heard (and think it might've been Mad Dawg or someone else on here who told me) that the new blend is really the old original blend from the first bathces. Seems I remember something about AJ Fernandez having done the original blend, Pepin tweaked it, and now it's back to AJ's blend.

Seems there's been more than one packaging change.

Here's what my old 2006 box looks like...

Wooden semi-boite box, with the Padilla "tax seal" on it and the corner "Edicion Limitada" sticker.

Then apparently there was this style of packaging. Looks to be a fully varnish box.

Then there's the band change after Padilla cancelled his deal with Pepin

And apparently there's been yet another packaging change (seems Ernesto can't make up his mind )

So does anyone have the down-low on the blend history of Padilla, when they changed, etc.?

And could my current '06 box continue the same blend that's being used in the current Padilla cigars?

The only local shop that carries Padilla only has a box of the old-band Churchills...and maybe the blends did change before Pepin left, because those Churchills don't seem to have much in common with my Lanceros.

(BTW, I'll start a Trading Post thread for this...but if anyone current has, or has a B&M near them that sells, the new Padilla Miamis, I'd love to get ahold of some to try out)
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote