Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Cigar_Jack
Club Member

CAO Cameroon Toro Cigar Review

CAO Cameroon Toro Cigar Review

This boxed pressed beauty was first introduced in 1999 and has been a solid cigar receiving ratings as high as 92. This Nicaraguan cigar with a beautiful African Cameroon wrapper has an average price range of $101 to $150 a box.

I’m partial to CAO Cigars and Cameroon wrapper cigars and I’ve tried the CAO Cx2 but it didn’t have the same flavor I enjoy from a Cameroon. I’d stick with the Italia or the Brazilia two staples in my humidor. Finally I decided to give this CAO line a try.

CAO makes some beautiful cigars and the CAO Cameroon Toro is no exception. The wrapper was flawless and it was firm to the touch with no unusual hard or soft spots. The ring made it bit large for my cutter but I still managed to get a perfect cut and a nice draw. My mouth was watering and my Hoegaarden getting warm so I lit up.

This is what I expect from a Cameroon, a nice creamy chocolate and coffee flavor with some hints of vanilla and other spices. The Nicaraguan filler really kicked this cigar up giving it more spice and strength than the Don Carlos. This cigar was great from start to finish but wasn’t as creamy and subtle as some of the other Cameroons I’ve smoked. The CAO Cameroon Toro is one of the stronger Cameroon wrapped cigars on the market thanks to the Nicaraguan filler making a perfect smoke for this evening. Rating 8 out of 10.
Cigar_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote