Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
alfa

Pio VI Overture 1996 #4 Lonsdale

Looks like I got the last box of these from serious cigars.
A Miami boutique cigar, priced at about $5.
I don't believe it's a Nicaraguan puro, in fact, I'm pretty sure there are San Andres leaves in the filler. It has a beautiful, dark and sikly Sumatra wrapper, which I believe is the '96 date of the marque.
Unlit draw seems a bit tight, but but it makes up for it when lit - draw was adequate, and it nicely stayed lit.
Unlit flavor was earthy and sweet, and from which the lit flavors did not disappoint.
I'll have to say I am always doing something when I smoke cigars - rebuilding an old fly reel in the shop. So I may not pay enough attention to give you the details you're looking for.
But overall, a complete lack of bitterness, which matters foremost to me.
Good earthy, complex flavors. Razor-even burn.
Flavor-wise, this cigar reminds me most of La Luna V2s, which is not at all a bad thing, and not too surprising since they are both Miami boutique cigars.
My rating? Yes, it's worth $5.
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote