Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 01-13-2022, 06:29 PM   #91
Biff123
Herf Meister

Smoked my last Ava Maria Reconquista from my birthday a few years ago. Just a really good cigar in every way. I'm teased by my friends because smoke pretty fast, but this one lasted almost two hours.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:09 AM   #92
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Chateau Fuente Double Chateau Fuente Sungrown

Very tasty and great smoke volume

Perfect draw,burn and construction

Overall, a great smoke

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #93
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Fonseca No.1

Very tasty as usual and nice and smooth

Tight draw even after some runs with the PerfecDraw and Modus II, but reasonable smoke volume so good enough to enjoy

Burn was perfect and construction was good

Enjoyed it to the nub

Old 01-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #94
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Herrera Esteli Brazilian Followed that up with a Tat Black.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:39 PM   #95
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
Fonseca No.1

Very tasty as usual and nice and smooth

Tight draw even after some runs with the PerfecDraw and Modus II, but reasonable smoke volume so good enough to enjoy

Burn was perfect and construction was good

Enjoyed it to the nub

I had one of those about 20 years ago and was impressed with the amount of flavor it had for the price. I never managed to order any because there was always another cigar I wanted more. Unless I run out of a favorite, my ordering days are pretty much over. If I lived another 50 years I'd have a hard time of running out of cigars.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:19 PM   #96
Biff123
Herf Meister

Guardian of the Farm Apollo. Really good cigar.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:21 AM   #97
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

La Palina 2nds Habano Toro

Very tasty. Predominantly woody flavors and some fruitiness in the finish of the last 3rd.

Perfect draw,burn and construction

Great smoke volume

Another bundle cigar thats well worth the few bucks each easily

Old 01-15-2022, 04:47 AM   #98
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
I had one of those about 20 years ago and was impressed with the amount of flavor it had for the price. I never managed to order any because there was always another cigar I wanted more. Unless I run out of a favorite, my ordering days are pretty much over. If I lived another 50 years I'd have a hard time of running out of cigars.
@BigO

I agree.

The Fonsecas are really kind of a hidden gem, as so many people tend to poo-poo them.

They also are a solid medium instead of their reputation left from long ago when they were comparatively mild.

Very good smokes for the price imho.

I try to keep some No.1's and Delicias' on hand

Having a 50 year supply of cigars is a very good position to be in. Definitely envious with only about a year supply for me, but I now have a much more limited budget and definitely limited storage space.

It took me about a year to be allowed to keep 2, 74qt containers on the floor (I had to show them the measurements of the containers, measure the floor space they would take, and where i would be putting them, because the rule is that you can't store anything on the floor that would hinder a stretcher being brought in if needed), so I could stop the very expensive route of buying multiple singles only of things, and start buying the much cheaper per cigar, boxes, plus have more room to have more stock.

My available space would probably max out at a 2 year supply, which really isnt something to complain about.

Back when I had a house and my vintage 70's huge curio cabinet I converted into a nice, 6'x6' cabinet humidor, plus additional space for more containers wherever I wanted, and was making great money in the oilfields as an electronics technician and had a pretty much unlimited budget, I probably had about 5 years or so worth.

I can't imagine how some people have the space for a lifetime supply of cigars on hand without having containers literally everywhere and constantly trip over them.

I also wouldn't want to begin to imagine the total cost of collecting a stash that large.

Kudos to those that are in that position though. I put a very high value on variety, so I imagine with stashes that large the variety on hand is awesome.

Can't imagine how you ever find a particular cigar you want to smoke. Would definitely require an awesome inventory system for me to find anything.

I have already been using the great Cigar Geeks app for almost the entire 15 years I have been smoking to be able to keep track of even a meager collection, and that was before my memory damage, lol

Would love to see pictures of what a 50 year stash looks like.

Do you have a big walk-in in your house or what?

If not, I imagine a scene from the hoarders tv show with coolers everywhere stacked to the ceiling, with narrow paths through them,lol

With a stock that large, how many do you smoke a day?

I'd probably be smoking 5 or 6 if i had that much, lol

Currently I only smoke 2 or 3 a day and I'm pretty good with that, but there are days when I want to smoke more

Last edited by smbauerllc; 01-15-2022 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:54 AM   #99
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff123 View Post
Guardian of the Farm Apollo. Really good cigar.
I've heard very good things about the Apollo, and it being the best of the line.

Have only had a couple Guardian of the Farms so far, and had a fiver of Apollo's slated to buy next month, but a great opportunity for most of a box (split off 2 fivers) of long sought after Partagas Maduro No.3's at an excellent price arose, and the Apollo got bumped to a future purchase.

Dont recall which couple I had, but do recall they were excellent smokes. Think 1 was a Campeon (sp?)

Old 01-15-2022, 07:20 AM   #100
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Let's see here. New World Connecticut corona then a Brocatus Añejo robusto.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote