Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
dermaestro

Humidity Levels

I bought the Pompeii humidor from Tampa Humidors last month. I followed all the directions for seasoning it along with some info I got here.

After a couple weeks it was sitting at 65% which seemed fine. But the last few weeks it has dipped to 60%. I got about 25 cigars from the newbie trade that went in there and thought that maybe that made a difference. But the cigars were all sealed in bags when delivered to me.

About a week after having the cigars, the RH dropped to 59% and a few cigars seemed dry. I put some more distilled water on the humidifier and that has brought it back up to 61%.

The only other thing that has changed is the location. I first had the humidifier downstairs. It has now been moved upstairs to my library which is a warmer room compared to its first location. The room is about 2-3-degrees higher.

Anyone have anythoughts? I would like to keep my RH around 65% but can't seem to get it back up there.
dermaestro is offline   Reply With Quote