Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
GuyMcBeerdrinker
Club Member

another haier question

so I'm going to finally convert a wine chiller into a temperature controlled humidor. my plan is to purchase at least a 42 bottle cap. haier (possibly jumping up to a 60 count). currently looking at model HVF042ABL which is the premier edition. I understand there is also a designer edition. the one I'm scoping out is sold at lowe's.

before taking the plunge I'd like a few questions answered:

- some owners I've talked to claim haiers at the only ones that go up to 65F, thus they are ideal for cigar storage. but the specs of the one I'm looking at states that it goes up to 60F. is there a particular haier line that goes up to 65F? or will I be safe getting one that goes to up 60F because the temperature is read close to the coils, and it might be 5F warmer in the racks where the cigars will be stored?

- where does the concentration accumulate on these units? just the back wall alone, or on the coils? is this something I'm going to have to wipe down daily, or does it trickle into a collecting reservoir?

- has anyone successfully lined one with cedar?

that is all for now. looking forward to your responses.
GuyMcBeerdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote