Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
sprint_67
Club Member

Perdomo La Tradicion Series Reserve Champagne C

I am not really all that good at this review stuff but I thought I would give it a shot:

As a more and more frequent smoker of Habanos I am finding less and less domestic cigars available that will satisfy my cravings. The Perdomo Reserve Champagne C is my latest effort.

The first thing you will notice about this cigar is a very yellow cello. It comes from the factory this way and is not cased from the imparting of oils like aged cigars give you. It makes this cigar very "golden" looking before taking it out of its wrapper.

Construction is exquisite. A beautiful light Connecticut Shade wrapper that is quite deceiving of the strength that lies beneath in the filler.

This is a 7” x 54 ring gauge cigar so I guess that makes it a large Churchill.

A quick sniff of the wrapper and you get light woody tobacco smells. A sniff of the foot and you can tell there is more here than meets the eye with a strong spicy raisin like tobacco smell.

Clipping and lighting up was very easy and clean. The Champagne had a clean burn all the way to the band with not one touch up. It took me about an hour and forty five minutes to finish this cigar.

At first draw this cigar immediately made me sit up and pay attention. I got lots of strong tobacco flavor with a very distinct burning in the back of my throat that I only get from very strong cigars. The first 1 ½ inches continued this way until finally giving way to a smoother more well rounded flavor to strength ratio. The C ended with a good amount of strength working its way back into the profile while retaining most of its flavor.

Overall for me this cigar has a little more roughness to it than I normally like (with the raw strength). I think that this could be a pretty darn good cigar in a few months after a little cooler time.

There is potential here, enough in fact that I will be giving this another whirl in a few months.

Score 77/100