Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
hijerky
Starting Member

this worked with my humidity problems

so i have a small desktop humidor and being that the last month or so in jersey has been sweltering, i couldn't get the humidty down below about 73%. a friend of mine works in a woman's clothing store so i asked her to grab the little packets of silaca gel that is shipped with shoes to absorb moisture. she gave me 20 and i put them in the humi. the next day the humidity was still at 73% so i took the packets and put them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes. when they cooled down i put them in the humidor again and by the next morning i was at 68%. i took out about 3/4's of the beads and after another 2 or 3 days i am at 67%. i took the rest of the beads and about a week later am good. the credo is still out and i probably won't put it back for another couple of weeks until the weather normalizes.

if you have access to a bunch of these little packets, they are a great way to remove extra humidity. unlike the beads viper and others sell, i don't know what these would have stablized at which is why i took them out when i got the humidity down to where i wanted it.
hijerky is offline   Reply With Quote