Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2004, 06:35 AM   #1
mannish
Herf God

Herf Plan Question

I am planinng a springtime herf (may 6th- 7th being main herf) the 8th is mothers day (If I recall). This will be at my house in Springville Al about 40 miles NE of B'ham. I need to know if there is even a slight interest in some of the cloer BOTLs being able to attend.

Years ago we had something similar called the 'POB' (Porch Of Blues) I invited musicians from all over & they showed up Spent the entire weekend at out house. Friends want another POB blast but this herf will
serve the same purpose. CW musicians and musician friends of CW members welcome.

This will be similar.

It will be the same time as homesteadhollow.com which is up the street from out house. That would be a good activity for the women-folk or whoever.

We will have live music from the POB Allstars & the Muswell Hillbillies on Sat night. The porch is set up like a night club so it's really a blast.

we have 5 1/2 acres so tents are welcome, either in teh back yard or in the woods by the creek (very nice)

The goal/plan is eveyone can stay at our house no need for hotels although hotels are about 15 mins away.

Sleeping bags- blow up mattresses...etc can be brought. We have a couple extra beds for those that need that (probably couples get first choice)

Kids welcome of course. NO GUNS on your person, in the car is fine.

So lemme know if there is an slight interest so I can get a game plan.

If any flies in I can have you picked up at the airport.

probably smoke a pork butt or two...etc.

I don't know what my job future holds but I think I can still do this

We have fun and have a great place for it. The pool will not be open but the hot tub will be available to use anytime you want.

Just lemme know, this has my wife's blessing.