Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
sevenmag
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Mobile, Al Mardi Gras Herf. A 2 part affair.

Here's the plan,

I'm in the Conde Cavaliers, the Mystic Society that parades first. Our Parade is Friday February 2nd, and the Ball is the same night at 9:30. Anyone who would like to come down, catch a parade and then go to a huge formal ball is welcome. Here are a few pics from last year's festivities. Linky

Dinky

Doo
(this last set are the floats before the parade. )

The upside is that all the booze and food for the night is free,,, well it's part of the price of the tickets. Don't get to excited, we're picking up the tab for over 2000 so don't look for any fine single malts or Craft Brews. The downside is that there's no smoking allowed inside and the weather in Feb. isn't usually friendly to those of us who like cigars. The party starts at about 9:30 and last call will be sometime after 1 am. It's an absolute blast with several party bands and dance floors scattered about the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.

So in a nutshell, Friday evening, parade, Friday night, giant party. If our heads are able to deal with some smoking Saturday we'll take care of it then. There's another parade Saturday night, but it's small and they don't have a history of throwing much.

There are some details I need to let you know about. First, it is a formal affair and Costume DE Rigeur is required at all times. Floor length gowns for the Ladies, White tie and tails for the Gentlemen. Also the tickets to the ball are 75 bucks a pair. I can put two couples up here but I'll get as many tickets as we need, and we'll be happy to help with any arrangements you might need. Hotels, Tux rental or whatever. I'll be adding some hotel names and numbers in the next couple of days as well. And of course, Spiridon, Mrs. Mag and myself will make sure you get where you need to go.

Now for part two.

Joe Cain day is Sunday Feb. 18 and Fat Tuesday is the 20th. If anyone would like come down Sunday, Monday and Tuesday there's a full slate of parades and partying. First, the Joe Cain Block Party. It's early Sunday Morning so it might be a good idea to roll into town Saturday sometime. It's a great way to start off a day long smoke and drink fest. It's also a good way to catch a bit of tradition. The Merry Widows of Cain will show up, wail and cry and the start the party. Later that day we'll catch the Joe Cain Procession. A huge line of truck and bus floats that seems like it's never gonna end. There's another parade that night if we're up to it, or we'll just chill back at the Mag household. Monday night there's the Infant Mystics parade. It's a good tune up for Tuesday. I don't even need to tell you the schedule for Tuesday. I'll be downtown and setup not long before sunrise so we'll have a good site for the day. Once again, Spridon, Mrs. Mag and Myself will make sure everyone gets to all the right places at all the right times. And again, I can put two couples up here.

Spiridon will chime in here and fill in any gaps I might have left. feel free to edit this Jon. PM me or post any questions. At this point we don't have the usual sit down and smoke time scheduled. There's just so much going on then that we'd like anyone who's here to catch as much of it as they'd like. If it works out that we want take a break and relax with food, cigars and friends we'll do that for sure.

Oh yea, one other thing. We put this up 8 months early because of tuxes, dresses, and it can be difficult to impossible to get a room here during Carnival.
sevenmag is offline   Reply With Quote