Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-22-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
SMOKINACTUARY
Huge Cranium
Herf God

Has anyone had one of these? I was gifted 4 of these.

I will post my review tomorrow regardless.
...the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, and Maidanek were ultimately prepared not in some ministry or other in Berlin, but rather at the desks and in the lecture halls of nihilistic scientists and philosophers.
- Viktor Frankl
SMOKINACTUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:33 PM   #2
Jimdandee

hmm, can't say that I have SA....
Old 01-22-2002, 04:20 PM   #3
JinE

I love celebrity banded gars...
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 04:55 PM   #4
SMOKINACTUARY
Huge Cranium
Herf God

I tasted the cigar.

SWEETENED WRAPPER! YUCK!

This is not promising
...the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, and Maidanek were ultimately prepared not in some ministry or other in Berlin, but rather at the desks and in the lecture halls of nihilistic scientists and philosophers.
- Viktor Frankl
Old 01-23-2002, 08:14 AM   #5
SMOKINACTUARY
Huge Cranium
Herf God

This is a cameroon wrapped churchill. The medium brown wrapper is somewhat blotchy with little tooth. The cigar seems decently packed. The prelight aroma is pure stables.

As I said in an earlier post the cigar tip is sweetened. Besides not liking the added sweeteness in its own right, I am sceptical about the quality of the tobacco if a cigarmaker feels the need to sweeten the wrapper.

When I first lit the cigar my initial trepidation was correct. The tobacco tasted harsh and young. I thought I was eventually going to have to toss it. But as the sweetness of the wrapper wore off, the harshness subsided and the light spicieness of the cameroon became the predominant taste.
The cigar was medium bodied and quite complex at this stage, exhibiting an interesting fruitiness to go along with the spice.

Alas this did not last for the remainder of the cigar. As I got to the last third of the cigar the harshness returned and the cigar became mushy (Overall the contstruction was quite good).

At $4.50 a pop I thought these were overpriced. They reminded me of a cigar you get in one of those little cigar making shops in Union City NJ, albeit with more character.

This cigar was a complete loss but after one I wouldn't buy them again.

Let me see how they age.
- Viktor Frankl
Old 01-25-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
burghguy
Starting Member

Hi SA.....

Nice review!
burghguy is offline   Reply With Quote