Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 03-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Coffee articles?

So, who's gonna write up article(s) on coffee / coffee roasting, etc?

John
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'm not a member of the 5th estate

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

The only membership required is the ability to write in english and pretend you know what you're writing about... Slightly higher standards than the main stream media, I know, but...
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

The fifth estate is the 'new' media. Fourth media is the older stuff. Alas I am neither.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:53 AM   #5
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

James? mad dawg? anyone?
Old 03-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I've been meaning to put something together but just have not had the chance yet. I will try to get to that as soon as I get a chance.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:12 AM   #7
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Since we've not done something like this that I recall before, maybe we start with a coffee 101? Then a 'why roast', then a how to...?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

John, reach out to Ferdelance.
He doesn't post here all that much, any longer, this may get him back off of FB.
He is a master roaster, and has already forgot more than some of us will ever know.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #9
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
John, reach out to Ferdelance.
He doesn't post here all that much, any longer, this may get him back off of FB.
He is a master roaster, and has already forgot more than some of us will ever know.
I've noticed that he has logged in the last couple of days as well. Very true statement TBB in that last sentence of yours. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the coffee knowledge that Ted can share!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:31 AM   #10
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

He did PM reply to me.
and he's going to work on something as time permits - but he's a farmer now, and has a pretty heavy schedule in springtimes.