Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2015, 05:02 AM   #1
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

I gotta tell ya a story...

I'll make this short, no matter how long I make it!!!
It was May 30th, my son got married. After the outdoor wedding ceremony we were having the reception in the barn. Some of us decided to go out back to build a big fire. Many people sat around the fire enjoying the evening. The guys drug the second keg of beer back there also. I decided it was time to pass out cigars. You can always tell who has smoked before, who hasn't, and who were the REAL cigar smokers. I handed out some really crummy cigars( General Grant coronas). Most of the guys took them and lit up. I remember one guy put it in his pocket. I later found it on the table by the side entrance of the house! Most enjoyed the "cheap cigars". Ofcourse they did, they were too drunk to notice! One gentleman pulled me aside and said to me, "I know cigars ain't cheap, but, I don't want to offend you, but, uh, these are really bad!" I laughed and realized that he was a REAL cigar smoker. I asked him if he would rather have a real cigar. He said yes and he would appreciate it very much. I asked what he smokes and he said mostly Oliva and Perdomo cigars!
I motioned to him to come in the house with me and I'll find something he would like. I offered him a 5 Vegus Robusto. He gladly accepted, lit it up, and said, "Now that's a real cigar!" We talked cigars the rest of the time we were out there. Through good cigars, I made a new friend.