Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #18
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

JR has a new 'free fall' thing, twenty items are put up at a time for each auction. You can bid up to five days in advance. Then, on the day of the actual auction, there is a count down auction. Low bids lose, anyone who bid above the previously placed bids gets the prize. I guess that I have put thirty bids out, and won maybe six or so. I put in pre-bids at seriously rock bottom prices, and just let it sort itself out. No auction playing for me. I got three ten packs of alec bradley; sanctum, american classic, and american sun grown for about $2.50 per cigar, which seems to be as low as they could go, just by pre-bidding at the bottom. I also got a ten pack of nat sherman host rothschilds at $1.50 and a five of belinda churchills for about that price.

I liked the sanctum that I got a couple years ago, and this seems to be the identical product, as opposed to a 'special selection' type reserved for auction sales. I got the nat from jeff a year or so ago, had a few others before that, and they were what I was looking for, but $9 in the box on the site?

Auctions are a load of crap. These things aren't run like a real auction, they have all sorts of complicated ways of fixing things, I don't believe that they are all genuine 'auctions'.

Someone who goes into them intending to win is going to get in trouble. I saw things that I wanted and took a shot, and my pile of losses is phenomenal. Right now I have a $12 bid on a ten pack, and a $60 bid on a box of fuente candela lonsdales. Maybe I'll get the fuentes, there can't be many people willing to fight for a box of green fuentes. I maybe should have put it at $50.

There will always be another chance.

I'd still like to find upmann legacy. The five pack that I had was phenomenal. I'll do maybe $3 for a ten pack, maybe. They have a lot of upmann packs on there, tons of monte brands, AB all across the board, but the selection is VERY limited. It's obviously got some sort of method to it.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote