Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2002, 06:11 PM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Punch Churchills (cabinet)

Wrapper: Calorado Maduro (dark brown with brick red tint), thin veins, rather dense wrapper, thought I would have problems with having to relight but no problem at all. Very oily sheen and just beautiful to look at.

Construction and draw: A world class roller made this gem of a cigar. Dense and rock solid, thought I would have draw problem, but it drew like a dream.

Flavor profile: Sweet spice and woodsy, slightly bitter and harsh on the palate, deep tobacco flavors with a long finish. 2nd half intensified into the earthy range, but no bitterness, and this nice citrus fruitiness stood out. Well balanced, never tiring, just pure smoking satisfaction.

Strength: This has high level of nicotine and will make your head spin. I was buzzin half way through the cigar. Flavor strength is medium yet very rich.

Man I am so glad to find the big boy cigars up to their reputation of their former glory. A very rich and intense cigar. These will please all havanaphiles with its rich flavors and intense strength.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote