Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Dirk Diggler

El Original (Island Smoke Shop) Toro Maduro

OK - this puppy has been sitting in the cooler for the better part of 3 years (I know b/c I bought them to celebrate my divorce! LOL!).

Anyhow - I found these while filling my humisticks today (1/18/04) after a dinner of steak and creamed corn (and a bottle of cabernet/merlot)!

prelight aroma was mild to non-existent. color was a solid maduro - jet black, a few visible blimishes.

pre-light draw was "ho hum" - nothing to write home about. Draw felt good. solid with no soft spots.

upon lighting this puppy, something came over me- DAMN! ! ! ! ! This was a good 'gar ! ! ! no bite. no bitterness. good flavors (cedar and caramel). Instead of posting for you suckers, I immediately went to the website to find out how much these puppies would cost me. I have the toro hanging out of my mouth as I puff heavily and the smoke is not bitter, not acrid - just solid with a nice aroma (the spousal unit approves! )]

this is a figgin GREAT stick. a bundle of 50 or more is in my future (and with the company bonus at the end of the month, life is good! )
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote