Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2003, 06:35 AM   #1
mannish
Herf God

John Hiatt & Robert Cray

Cray opened (rightfully so) and played boring music with zero intensity just really useless for us. He is defintely talented but not a very good live performer. I literally suffered through it. The out came JOhn and the Goners featuring the great Sonny Landreth on guitar. The opened like gang busters kicking like a MF. I think Cray and Hiatt switch up the opening slot but there is no way Cray could follow this show not to mention Landreth's incredible slide palying. I had no idea Hiatt was such an entertainer, very funny. A very
enjoyable show with 10th row tickets. Hiatt's vocals were outstanding

If Hiatt with this Goners lineup comes near I suggest you go see them they were kicking more electric that I thought they would be.

I started to think about who my favorite or best slide player is and although it's not Sonny Landreth. I do not think I have seen a better electric slide player, since a healthy Johnny Winter. I think Sonny right now is the best electric slide player out there. He has zero stage presence but lord have mercy he can play.
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote