Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
ilikecigars
Club Member

Cat Stevens

i remember when he started...alot of good songs, alot of classics...then something happened i cant remember what ?
i think it had something to do with afganistan or a arab counrty ? i believe he left the usa and vowed not to come back ?
i remember people boycoting his music or something...anyone remember the facts ?
just dug out some old tunes of his...the teaser and the fire cat album and tea for the tillerman...he had some good music.

this is what i come up with, but thought there was more too the story ? ..

Yusuf Islam was formerly known as the singer Cat Stevens and was one of the biggest selling artists of the '60s and '70s, writing such classics as Matthew & Son, Wild World and Father and Son. In 1977 he converted to Islam and has since dedicated much of his time to education and humanitarian relief. His charity, Small Kindness, provides aid as well as social and educational programmes to orphans and families throughout the world, including Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and Indonesia.