Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Cathedral Cigar Lounge and Two other Lounges

Was in Tampa for work this week and thoroughly enjoyed a number of cigar lounges.

First was the new Cathedral cigar lounge in the Tampa/Ybor City area. It's owned by the Fuentes I was told Carlita's office is upstairs. The venue is an impressive old church turned cigar lounge. The outdoor patio seating area is beautiful complete with water features and tables and chair with umbrellas and live greenery. The patio has a very relaxing and comfortable vibe.

I gotta say though I was disappointed in the cigar selection. Of course AF sticks were aplenty but beyond that not much. It was an ok selection but I expected better. The staff was just ok. Not unfriendly but not great customer service. The wait staff on the other hand were very friendly and helpful.

There is live local music at times. I met a buddy that lives in the area the first night. And when I walked into the bar area the smoke was so thick it was irritating my eyes. They deff need to work on the ventilation. I was also told there are VIP lounges upstairs. All in all a good place to sit outside and herf. They have food trucks. One night I was there I got a chorizo burger that was damn delicious.

https://grandcathedralcigars.com/

Second was the Cigar Cave in Palm Harbor. FL. When I drove up it was in a strip mall so my expectations were not high. But boy was I wrong. This place was fantatstic. The humidor is off the charts loaded with great sticks and plenty of whatever you smoke. Huge sitting areas, working areas for biz folks, tables, full bar, great ventilation and a comfortable atmosphere.

The pretty little thing working the cash register and bar was perfectly flirty, friendly, engaging and just cool. If I had a complaint the new looking leather chairs were not that comfortable. It was almost like sitting on a bench...almost. I guess the chairs need breaking in a little. I highly recommend this place the humidor is impressive.

https://cigar-cave.com/

And, of course the Davidoff lounge in Tampa. What can I say it's a great place. The selection is second to none. The bar is not only top shelf but the highest shelf. My Old Fashion was perfectly made. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The seating is comfortable the wait staff is very very easy on the eyes and dress in a way that make me glad I'm a man. The only knock is one day while there it was crowded and the ventilation was not staying up. It was smokey. I've been there many times that was the first time that had happened.

https://us.davidoffgeneva.com/store/tampa

And, a trip to Tampa would not be complete without hitting Seventh street in Ybor City. I love that place. From the fantastic Cuban chow, mojitos and sangria at the Columbia raunt, Gaspar's Pirate bar, James Joyce Irish pub and more cigar places that you can count. I love sitting at the King Corona Cigars Cafe and Bar with a stick and cafe con-leche and watch the whores, trannies, street freaks, motorcycles, cars, hotties walk by.

There are so many cigar places and great raunts in the Tampa/Ybor City area there's no way to visit all. I would highly recommend a weekend with your herf buddies you will not be disappointed.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote