Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
tornado
Club Member

Nice Pipe Tampers - Gauging interest.

I've decided to start making some high quality pipe tampers and am looking to see what kind of market I can find for them here. These would be made from figured burls and exotic hardwoods, using only the finest most beautiful pieces available, with feet and trim of solid brass. Something truly worthy of a high dollar pipe. In the coming weeks I'll be creating some prototype pieces and will show them here. Right now, I'm just gauging for interest to see if it is even worth my time. As far as a rough estimate for cost, in my head I'd imagine they would run in the $40 to $60 dollar range, depending on the wood used. There are several tamper-makers with websites, but their tampers are either not in stock, are ugly, or are way too expensive. I think I can come up with something far better.

In the past, I've always used one of the cheap, nail style tampers, but to me that's the equivalent of using a disposable bic lighter to fire up my favorite cigar, it cheapens the whole experience.
tornado is offline   Reply With Quote