Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Southern Draw Rose of Sharon Prototype

To start with, this is a prototype that I got from the owners at an in-store at MAMs in Universal City (just north of San Antonio, where Randolph AFB is located). The cigars are scheduled for summer release and may not be exactly what I am reviewing here.

Mostly smooth rosado wrapper, box pressed with a shaggy foot. Medium bunch, clean clip and excellent draw. Rolled at the AJ Fernandez factory.

Great smoke volume from the start. Mostly cedar and tobacco notes to begin, and the burn is very clean. Firm light grey ash.

Light black pepper notes in the retrohale after an inch. Clearing the ash reveals a good conical burn. There is also a bittersweet flavor that lingers on the lips.

Pepper notes increase approaching the first third. The cigar is smoking cool and pleasant. There is a flavor I'm not sure how to describe other than to say it is unique to rosado wrappers in my experience, also very pleasant.

The ginger beer serves to clean the palate a bit, giving fresh flavor to the next draw. Excellent toasted tobacco flavor is prominent with the pepper notes firmly in the background. A bit of wrapper damage occurred from removing the bands, but not serious.

The flavors are very rich and deep. The burn continues to be straight despite my wrapper damage. At halfway a bit of warming is present, probably due to my avaricious smoking, but purges out easily. The ash continues to be solid and only drops when I clear it.

At 2/3 the pepper notes strengthen while the smoke remains mostly cool. This is such a good clean cigar as to flavors and has a short but satisfying finish. Still tasting the rosado wrapper, which is a fairly rare treat for me.

Put it down at one inch to avoid burning my fingers, and to the last the smoke was rich with deep flavors.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote