Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
mrtapes
Contributing Editor

Salt Test Phenomenon?

A number of us have been buying the "Holts special" humidors and they come with a cheap hygrometer.

I Did the salt test on the cheapo hygrometer last night. It was pretty far off, tweaked it a little and let it sit in the "Salt bag" overnight. When I woke up the thing was NAILED right on 75%.

I had an interesting thing happen with a few digital hygrometers that I have been buying recently. They cost $8 and change at the home depot. Well, two of them appeared to have the same readings in my humidor and the other was like 10% lower than the other 2. I was letting them reference in the same humidor, so there was a constant.

I salt tested them all and they all came up with similar readings.
What I'm wondering is if the salt test knocked some sense into them somehow. Do you get where I'm going with this? I know it sounds weird but they all seem to be responding properly now. Which is good because there is no way to adjust these things.