Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

Two examples of how customer service should be!

I was in the market for a humidor. I'd narrowed down to Avallo and Staebells. It was really a tough decision.
Matt Allen was kind enough to answer all my questions..in detail, about his 1200 Avallo.
Bob Staebell was also kind enough to answer all my questions.
It was a tough decision, but I went with the aristocrat. (couldn't have gone wrong either way).
I did inform Matt of my decision, and dissapointing as it might be to him, he responded with a nice email. Very professional.
As to Bob, he was a delight to work with, ordering, customizing the humidor as well as answering questions about the humidor..after I'd recieved it.
I do hate I couldn't buy from both Gentlemen, and anyone who's followed the threads about Avallo/Aristocrat..knows it was very tough to choose between two excellent products!
I can't speak as to the post order process with Avallo. I do know that Matt was a real gentleman, and seems to want to work with a customer to deliver the best product.
The same is true about Bob Staebell. When I talked to him on the phone, he never seemed in a hurry. It was like I was the most important customer he had. I'd wager Bob treats all his customers like that.
So I'm happy with the aristocrat. I'm very happy with the top level of customer service exhibited by both these gentlemen.
I know there are some other humidor vendors, but I can only speak to the ones I've direct dealings with.
So if you are in the market for a humidor, I don't think you can find any better people to deal with than these fine gentlemen. And their products are top notch!