Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
Vital Spark
Starting Member

The sad case of Littlemill

We have friends in the town Dumbarton not too far from where I live. When we visited today they took me to see what was left of what I believe was probably the oldest distillery in Scotland. We don't want to start any arguments about that! It's in a town on the River Clyde called Bowling between Clydebank(famous for shipbuilding) & Dumbarton(famous for whisky). There was talk that it would start up again when Loch Lomond Dist bought it but our friends say they are for building houses now it's ruined. Went on fire towards end of last year. They tried hard to find me a sample cos I have never tasted it but no luck. There were some Independant bottlings of the stuff they made last time it was resurrected but we couldn't find that either. It's such a shame when you see the thriving distilleries how smart they look then that.
Enjoy the week end
Slainthe