Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Thairlar
Club Member

Well, I've done it. There's no going back. I've had my first home roasted coffee. I roasted up some Sulawesi Toraja just into the second crack in my Fresh Roast, let it sit overnight and made it in my french press this morning.

It was incredible! At first the coffee looked kind of ugly in color as I poured it into my mug, but I figured it's not the looks it's how it tastes. It was buttery, creamy with pleasant, sweet acidity. Words can't really describe it well enough. I never knew coffee could be an experience like that.

Also, on a bad note, My brand new roast chamber on my brand new roaster broke as I moved it onto what little counter space I have. I called up the number and the people from Fresh Roast or whatever company handles their replacement parts are going to send me a new one, even though it's not generally covered under the warranty. Needless to say, I won't be moving it around with the chaff collector sitting on top again. At least it broke pretty cleanly and I can still use it for now. I roasted up some more Sulawesi Toraja for tomorrow morning. Maybe now I can drag myself out of bed in the morning.