Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

What a great cigar. Box pressed 7x54. All I can say is WOW.
Prelight/Construction - Beautiful medium brown wrapper. Prelight aroma was a light tobacco smell. Construction was superb,top flight, firm and packed but not to firm. I usually don't buy this large of cigar, they always seem to have a hard draw, but this cigar's draw was just right and gave good volumn of smoke.
Ash/Burn - The ash was firm and gray sprinkled. It stayed on for about 2 inches before dropping off.. Never a burn problem and remained even throughout.
Taste - Started off with a medium strength profile. Flavors of walnuts and vanella. This cigar is very smooth and creamy, a real joy to smoke. About an inch into the cigar I picked the taste of caramel. This caramel flavor stayed very consistent throughout. One of the more balanced cigars I've smoked. Half way through the character increased to a strong caramel and just a touch of spice. I was really impressed with how smooth this cigar remained, nubbed it,my fingers are a little burned.
Overall I'd give this cigar a 9-9.5, really outstanding. If this cigar wasn't so expensive I'd buy more, now it's a special occasion cigar.
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote