Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2002, 11:22 AM   #1
bill

One word could describe my experience "FINGER BURNER"!!!!!

We had just got done with a great dinner last night. I grilled some NY strips, with homemade potato salad I had made for the first time, and some corn on the cob. I drank a nice Merlot with dinner.

After dinner I went to the cabinet and my intentions were to smoke a Cohiba Esplendido. The box date was only 2/00 so I looked for an alternative Churchill. I found the Punch Churchill with a date of '96. I was totally surprised as I didn't know I had one with this date. I hit the jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!

This cigar was beautiful to look at. A nice light brown wrapper, that had no hard or soft spots. The pre-light was perfect with a nice Punch taste.

From the first puff of the lit cigar, I thought I had went to heaven. My daughter was looking at me kind of weird. She said, "Is that a good one?" I said, it is much better then good.

This cigar had a perfect draw, and burned evenly until my fingers started to burn and I had to toss the litte remaining nub.

The flavors of the cigar where outstanding. Nice toasty, nutty, earthy flavors, that were very complex. A full bodied cigar, with a great balance of strength. Who says that a six year old cigar won't have some strength. Believe me........ this cigar had some strength.

I don't usually drink Merlot's with a cigar, as the wine tastes kind of funky with a cigar. But, tonight it was a perfect combinatin with this cigar. It was a perfect environment sitting on the back deck alone. Listening to the birds chirp, the neighbors sprinklers going, and the Mariners on the radio. The only thing better could have been if the Mariners could have pulled out the win.

This is one cigar I did not want to go out. It is one of the best cigars I have smoked!!! Now if I just had more with this date. I will be purchasing a box or cab of these to lay down for awhile.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote