Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
MalkavianX

Imperial Pilsner by Rogue

As a longtime fan of Rogue I had to give this one a shot when I saw it in the World Market's beer section. at 12 bucks for a 750mL bottle it's a hair expensive, but it IS an 8% brew, after all.

For something hopped in the range of many IPAs (70 IBUs total) the Sterling hops used keep the brew pretty restrained, with only a little bit of the in-your-face hop bite that you expect in an IPA. Hugely full bodied as well and overall superbly balanced. Color was pale gold, slightly cloudy.

Extra benefit: The bottle has a swing-top, making it very good for reuse in homebrewing I'll just hafta scrub the silkscreened label off.

Overall--I'd very much reccomend the imperial pils to anyone who's a fan of bigger beers, or likes the crisp pilsner style.
MalkavianX is offline   Reply With Quote