Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Les Miles

I saw on TV the tomorrow game vs Texas A&M will be his last game at LSU. I'm sure some team who needs a good coach will pick him up. He should go outside the SEC, there are quite a few (13) HC jobs open.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
Coach
Herf Meister

I agree and IMO its between IL, VT, Maryland, USC(long shot). He will get the Big 10 mention but because if the recruiting VT looks like the best fit. Again...IMO. I look for Maryland to go after Campbell from Toledo, he's only making 500K max for his contract with 305K dedicated to coaching the rest is incentives. Good offensive minded coach but doesn't show too much in his secondary. he was a DL @ Mount Union in Ohio so his strength on the Def is the front 7.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Absolutely nuts that they would let him go. As if they could get someone better. Maybe he will go the the Cowboys lol

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
ronin
The Duke
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Absolutely nuts that they would let him go. As if they could get someone better. Maybe he will go the the Cowboys lol
I believe he would want to go to a team that has a chance of winning
Old 11-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #5
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Very good point.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
nhale1300
Starting Member

He will retire. He was already set to retire after the 2016 season. It's just coming a year early. The whole thing is stupid. LSU is dumb for firing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nhale1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:13 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhale1300 View Post
He will retire. He was already set to retire after the 2016 season. It's just coming a year early. The whole thing is stupid. LSU is dumb for firing him.

No, they're not.
Against the teams that he needs to beat to even win the division...
LSU is 2-7, and could be 3-7 if we beat aTm tonight, in November the last three years. The 7 include three total beat downs in a row this last three weeks. Total embarrassments. Total and complete beatdowns These include 5 losses in a row against AlaBama since the disastrous night of 1/9/12. Overall SEC record over the last three years is 13-10, that's mediocrity in the SEC.

LSU and its fans don't simply expect a "good year" with the talent that LSU has consistently recruited, championships are expected, now. Coach Saban and the younger Coach Miles brought that upon us. You must, at the very least, beat the rest of the division, even if you lose to AlaBama.

This LSU staff has been the highest paid in college football for years, now. They shouldn't look as horribly coached by November as they do consistently. TOO many delay of game calls, too many botched plays AFTER time outs, too many penalties period. LSU had 13 last week against Mississippi.This has been happening for years. No way a top-flight coaching staff, and all this talent should be getting penalized MORE at the "back end" of the season. It. just. shouldn't. happen.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:13 AM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhale1300 View Post

No, they're not.
Against the teams that he needs to beat to even win the division...
LSU is 2-7, and could be 3-7 if we beat aTm tonight, in November the last three years. The 7 include three total beat downs in a row this last three weeks. Total embarrassments. Total and complete beatdowns These include 5 losses in a row against AlaBama since the disastrous night of 1/9/12. Overall SEC record over the last three years is 13-10, that's mediocrity in the SEC.

LSU and its fans don't simply expect a "good year" with the talent that LSU has consistently recruited, championships are expected, now. Coach Saban and the younger Coach Miles brought that upon us. You must, at the very least, beat the rest of the division, even if you lose to AlaBama.

This LSU staff has been the highest paid in college football for years, now. They shouldn't look as horribly coached by November as they do consistently. TOO many delay of game calls, too many botched plays AFTER time outs, too many penalties period. LSU had 13 last week against Mississippi.This has been happening for years. No way a top-flight coaching staff, and all this talent should be getting penalized MORE at the "back end" of the season. It. just. shouldn't. happen.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 11-28-2015, 05:14 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Randy, which USC are you referring to? South Cackalacka or Southern Cal.?
Shouldn't Coach O have a shot at Southern Cal? I mean he had real success as a coordinator there? I know he's in on the Syracuse job.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #10
Coach
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Randy, which USC are you referring to? South Cackalacka or Southern Cal.?
Shouldn't Coach O have a shot at Southern Cal? I mean he had real success as a coordinator there? I know he's in on the Syracuse job.
Ogerton has no interest in SoCal, count out VT and Ill they hired their coaches. Now that Memphis is vacant I could see Les being on their list.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote