Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

2010 Opux X Love Affair

Cigar:
Opux X Love Affair

Specifications:
Year of Manufacture/Box Codes: 2010

Country of Origin: Dominican Republic

Wrapper Color: Sun Grown Rosado

Wrapper type: Dominican Chateau de la Fuente Sun Grown Rosado

Filler: Dominican Chateau de la Fuente

Binder: Dominican Chateau de la Fuente

Vitola: Perfecto (4.5x55)

Manufacturer/Distributor: Arturo Fuente

Factory: Tabacalera A. Fuente y Cia

Humidimeter Reading: 62% (+/-2%)

Environment:

Temperature: 41 degrees

Humidity: 42%

Wind: None

Setting: My usual spot in the smoke shack.

Paired with: Iced coffee

From a 2009 Halfwheel review:

“As soon as I lit up the foot of the cigar, I was literally blasted with spice, an almost overwhelming amount, which surprised me quite a bit. This lasted for about the first eight puffs, then started to recede. As the spice died down, I noticed flavors of oak and a bit of chocolate

The final third is where this cigar shined for me. The spice is still in the background, but not even close to as strong as in the first third; it is more of a compliment to the wonderful sweetness that was present. I was not able to put my finger on it in the second half, but the flavor got stronger at the end, and I realized I was tasting a wonderful sweetish cherry flavor that really ended the cigar on a high note.”

Unfortunately, after roughly 25 straight weeks of reviews, I’m sad its coming to an end. I have enjoyed doing the reviews and feel I have grown as a reviewer and it has also taught me a lot about how to truly enjoy a cigar, not to mention that the vast majority of the cigars were very good too.

I hope those of you who have followed my reviews have enjoyed them too.

Until I either run across something unique or special, or break into my small stash of cc EL's, this will be my last review for a while.

Ok, enough on that. Back to the review.

Lets see what 12 years have done with it…

Starting with Construction/Appearance as always, a smooth wrapper with invisible seams, no veins and a long, smooth cap/head.

Hard bunch and very easy cold draw with no flavor.

Overall, an attractive cigar.

A slightly uneven burn, long, conical coal, flaky, mottled grey ash, and a perfect draw.

Excellent smoke volume and a faint, woody and very light floral aroma, both only detectable by retrohaling.

Generous richness, body and generous, perfectly balanced herbal, woody, very light floral and hint of sweetness.

Strength was definitely quite mild.

Got perfect scores in every category except Aroma and Smoke/Burn.

Its possible I was a little harsh in those categories scores, but I went with my gut.

Plus, getting an overall score of 91 is certainly not bad, as it puts it into the top of the Very Good category, only 2 points shy of the cutoff for the Great category.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 12-05-2022 at 06:12 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote