Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2022, 05:30 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

2007 Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Machito

Specifications:

Year of Manufacture/Box Codes: 2007

Country of Origin: Nicaragua

Wrapper Color: Colorado Maduro

Wrapper type: Nicaraguan Habano Criollo

Filler: Nicaragua

Binder: Nicaragua

Vitola: Machito (petit Corona 4.75x42)

Manufacturer: Fábrica de TabacosJoya de Nicaragua, S.A

Factory: Esteli, Nicaragua

Humidimeter Reading: 65% (+/-2%)

Environment:

Temperature: 57 degrees

Humidity: 24%

Wind: N/A (10mph)

Setting: Gorgeous weather today, and in my favorite spot to smoke my cigars and gaze at the trees changing colors and view of the mountains.

Paired with: Iced coffee

From Cigar Aficionado’s December 2011 review (closest in age I could find anywhere) with a score of 92 and describes it as: “A dark, full-bodied smoke full of woody flavor, cocoa notes and a dried fruit finish. The draw and burn stay full and even.”

This is a redo of the same cigar I reviewed just below this one, as it had a horrible draw, even after using the PerfecDraw, and that single issue drastically affected the scores in every category, and I know wasn’t representative of the cigar, as Bruce has a friend who has bought many from him, including entire 50 cabs, and he has made no mention of this being a problem, so I think it was just a lone dud and deserved a 2nd review that will be more representative of the cigar.

Now, onto the review…

A nice, chocolate brown, very smooth but with a slight toothy feel, invisible seams and only 1 relatively short vein wrapper, and a rough, long cap.

Had a very hard bunch, a slightly tight cold draw, but the PerfecDraw made it perfect. Taste was simply that of plain tobacco.

Overall, a fairly attractive cigar and a much better draw than the other one, which I suspect will really boost the scores being able to get a decent amount of smoke to taste, smell, etc.

.Nice, even burn and a perfect draw, flat coal, mottled grey, typical ash and no issues with peeling, splitting, etc.

Excellent smoke volume with tons of thick, rich smoke and a very faint, subtle aroma of plain tobacco.

Had a medium richness, smooth, mild body, mild strength and perfectly balanced, modest flavors of wood, grass, tobacco and very lightt spice.

Finish/aftertaste was very weak and short lived, consisting of very light grassiness and woodiness.

Overall character was very good, with a final score of very good at 92 out of 100.

Definitely glad I redid a review of this cigar as it gives a much better, more accurate, more representative example of the cigar than the previous one that was badly tainted in every section score due to the terrible draw and smoke volume.

Definitely a pretty mild, mellow, smooth cigar and I can see why [MENTION=6668]Ljutic[/MENTION] has a friend who has bought him out of these.

If you enjoy a good, mild, quicker cigar, and can find some well aged ones, this is the smoke for you.

Clearly Bruce's friend is a mild cigar lover, having bought him out of several 50 cabs worth of these.

Would make for a good early morning, first cigar of the day or after a heavy meal when you want something relatively quick and not heavy itself.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 10-30-2022 at 05:35 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote