Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
DeadmanLiving
Club Member

Fifteen years of cigars

So I have come out from under my rock for a while and as the PSD4 smoke clears I have begun to muddle over all the connections I have to this mystical world of cigars.

I joined CW a little over 15 years ago. At that time I smoked the occasional backwoods/swisher sweet with no firm appreciation for the leaf. Since then through the interactions, tutelage and mentorship of numerous members of this board I have grown to have a very firm appreciation for that leaf.
I have seen member come and go and come back again, myself included. I have seen booms and bust, vendors get consolidated or disappear and brands change hands. The later often ruining what was a favorite for someone.

I have seen heated discussions over some of the silliest of things and generosity that would and should make grown men weep. Almost fanatical passion over a brand, style or region of cigar/bourbon/coffee/single malt/rye/IPA/Ale/on and on and on. Each owing to their own personal taste and styles all the while respecting their other brothers personal taste and styles.

These are just a few of the experiences I have gained from CW, what about you?

Check out my new Blog
DeadmanLiving is offline   Reply With Quote