Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2022, 04:13 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

2004 CAO Cameroon Trois Diamant Corona L’Anniversaire

Specifications:
Year of Manufacture/Box Codes: 2004

Country of Origin: Nicaragua

Wrapper Color: Colorado Maduro

Wrapper type: West African Cameroon

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Nicaraguan

Vitola: Corona (5.75x46)

Manufacturer: Tabacalera Perdomo

Factory: Nicaragua

Humidimeter Reading: 64%

Environment:

Temperature: 41 degrees

Humidity: 42%

Wind: N/A (5.8mph)

Setting: my usual spot in the smoke shack with a view of the snow covered mountains and a new cushion that’s much more comfortable than the Veteran’s Home old one.

Paired with: Iced Coffee

Couldn’t find any reviews for this that were anywhere close in date, so nothing to compare to this time.

A very smooth, slightly veiny, medium texture cap/head of medium length.

Cold draw airflow was non-existent, and thus no cold draw taste.

Wrapper cracked very badly all over from using the PerfecDraw to try and get some airflow.

Took lots of glue to attempt to repair it, but will still need to be handled very gently, and hopefully it doesn’t start to peel as the heat melts the glue.

We shall find out…

Had a slightly uneven burn, flat coal, and a typical ash structure of a mottled white appearance.

As I feared, the cracks in the wrapper peeled badly during smoking.

Based on the poor smoke volume, I suspect that the PerfecDraw cracked or punched through the binder as well as the wrapper somewhere, as with a slightly tight draw, I should have been getting much more smoke volume.

The aroma was strong , fragrant and woody and plain tobacco smelling.

Richness, flavor and finish/aftertaste were weak. Strength was mild and body was thin.

From what little smoke I got, the balance of herbal and woody flavors was perfect, and the finish/aftertaste, while weak, was also woody and herbal.

Overall, the character was poor and the score was poor at 65 out of 100.

Too be fair, this was all caused by a large plug near the head, and the use of the PerfecDraw to try and open it up, but, in the end, it is what it is with this one.

Very disappointing as the others were a whole lot better.

Sadly, this leaves me with only 2 left to review and enjoy of what Bruce aka @Ljutic sent me.

Last edited by smbauerllc; 11-22-2022 at 04:22 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote